Filed under: World
CCLP WORLDWIDE PUBLIC STATEMENT ON THE EARTHQUAKE THAT DEVASTATED HAITI
1. With great shock, apprehension and concern, CCLP Worldwide received the news of the devastating earthquake that shook and destroyed Port-au-Prince and its surrounding landmass.
2. We have also daily witnessed by satelite and cable televiusion, the massive relief efforts ongoing, in what has been described as the largest humanitarian efforts in history, and cannot but praise the resilient spirit of the Haitian people.
3. We note that public and private institutions are lying prostrate, buildings have been flattened, families have been rendered disjointed, with resultant thousands of ophans and the homeless.
4. In the midst of this chaos and confusion that no nation would be able to forsee and completely plan for, the government of Haiti, is daily finding the courage and strenght to resume its functions.
5. CCLP Worldwide calls on all nations, especially France, the colonising power, to rally human, material, monetary and other resources to help rebuild Haiti, to a state more glorious compared to the PRE-EARTHQUAKE STATE.
6. CCLP Worldwide completely identifies with the Haiti people in this time of grief and pray the ALMIGHTY GOD to grant all families in Haiti and the government of Haiti the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment